Kvášňovice

However, the origin of the village can be moved significantly into the past, before the year 1364, due to the fact that the church of St. Bartolomeje was built between 1240 and 1260. The original name of the village was Kvašenovice (= the village of Kvašenových people), the vowel in the unstressed voice disappeared and the current name Kvášňovice came about through gradual softening.


St. Bartholomew's Church


The church built in the late Romanesque style is the biggest landmark of the village. The most valuable building element of the church is the Romanesque portal from around 1240, architecturally belonging to the so-called Burgundian Gothic. The portal is semi-circular with a receding lintel. It is equipped with a tympanum decorated with a relief with an arched frieze. Only a few of his kind are recorded. After 1400, the presbytery was Gothicized. The baroque modifications of the church were created between 1751 and 1768. The main altar with the image of St. Bartholomew dates from 1797. On the side altars there are paintings with Ecce Homo and Mrs. Maria Sušická. The importance of the parish is evidenced not only by the graves of Ferdinand Karel from Riesenberk and Petr Oselecky from Oselek and Dlouhá vsi, but also by the six gravestones of the Dlouhoveský and Švihovský families. According to the parish relationship, the parish district of Kvášňovice, in addition to the parish center itself, also included Nekvasovy, Chlumy, Lažany (later Defurovy), Maňovice, Černice and Olšany.


Rectory


The core of the building dates from the 15th century, other construction stages date from the 17th and 18th centuries. It is an extraordinary architecture with preserved structures from several building stages.


Statue of St. Jan Nepomucký


Near the church stands a wooden niche chapel of St. Jan Nepomucký. The statue of the saint in a rochet and a typical stance was made in 1832 to commemorate the fact that the village was spared cholera.


A memorial linden tree



A three-hundred-year-old large-leaved linden tree (Tilia platyphyllos) grows along the field road from Kvášňovice to Defurovy Lažany.



Monument to the fallen



During the 1st St. v. a total of 99 local natives were conscripted. Unfortunately, 18 men never returned. In their honor, a monument to fallen soldiers was ceremonially unveiled in 1922 in front of the local church, where the Freedom Tree had been growing since the end of the war. In 1930, Lípa Masarykova was also planted behind the monument in honor of the first Czechoslovak president.



Source: Kvášňovice village 

Mapa